Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family Guy - Blue Harvest [MA]

For all those tragics out there who love Family Guy and Star Wars. Now the two are joined together in this simple and stupidly hilarious movie that retells Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.

I personally don't watch Family Guy, I've never really been that interested. I've been told by numerous friends and work collegues that I would simply LOVE it, but that still hasn't inspired me to go out and start. This movie kind of did however!

A long long time ago, but somehow still in the future...

I mean come on, you have to love it just for that alone! Basically the film is just a shorter version of A New Hope, shorter like cut down to 45 minutes! There's a blackout in the Griffin house and Peter tells the story of Star Wars. As soon as the story is over, the power comes back on. Nice and simple.

I haven't seen the show, so I'm assuming that the jagged and quick scene changes and everything is somehow connected with how the show is done. The movie is filled with quick punchlines and contradictions and it draws your attention to things that you may not have noticed in the original movie. I have to say that there was one part of this movie that I did not like. Chris cuts the head off Danny Elfman, who is my favourite soundtrack composer. Chris, you may have thought that was fitting seeing as Danny did the soundtrack for Sleepy Hollow, but I would like you to know that you will die a terrible and slow death whilst the Beetlejuice soundtrack is playing the background!
With Peter Griffin as Han Solo, Lois as Princess Leia, Chris as Luke Skywalker, Brian as Chewbacca, and Stewie as Darth Vader, Blue Harvest was a very clever take on the original classic. Unlike the classic though, I think this film would have an expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment