Monday, July 26, 2010

Muppet Treasure Island [G]

The classic tale of friendship and pirates. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, taken to new and more chaotic heights as only the Muppets can do!

I was in a very very very bad mood all through the day at work today, so I was hell-bent on watching something tonight that was guaranteed to put a smile of my face. I needed funny, I needed romance, I needed swash-buckling, I needed musical. I am glad to say that I found the perfect cure to bad-moodiness. And that cure was Muppet Treasure Island!
I absolutely love love love the Muppets. I mean how can you not? From Miss Piggy to the Swedish Chef, each character is hilarious and so easy to fall in love with. For over 50 years, the Muppets have been making a name for themselves through their own TV show and the movies that they've done. I would have to say that, although the earlier Muppet films are terrific, Muppet Treasure Island would have to be my absolute favourite.

Based on the book Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, the Muppets take this classic story and make it their own.
Young Jim Hawkins is a lad who works in an inn, but has his mind on other things. He and his mates Gonzo and Rizzo long for adventure on the high seas...
"Sailing the world on a five-year mission. Going boldly where no man has gone before. Say, that's catchy."
Their opportunity arrises when a customer of the inn is given the Black Spot, which acts as a pirate's death sentence, and he bequeaths a treasure map to Jim and his friends. Now Jim has the chance to make his dreams a reality, but will not be without danger.

Starring Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, the Great Gonzo, Rizzo the Rat, Fozzy Bear, Sam the Eagle, Jennifer Saunders, Billy Connolly, Tim Curry, and introducing Kevin Bishop as Jim Hawkins, Muppet Treasure Island is a fantastic movie filled with swash-buckling sword fights, heart-lifting romance, incredible mayhem, strong friendships and characters that are just beyond lovable.
Backed up by a hilarious script, wonderful sets and props, and a hand-clapping musical score, Muppet Treasure Island is a delightfully manic movie what will have even the stoniest faces break into a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment