Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bedtime Stories [G]

There has always been power in story-telling, but not quite like this. What would you do if you discovered that every bedtime story you told became a reality?

I'm going to defend myself by saying that I honestly don't know why this film made it into our collection. Both me and my brother find it amusing for some strange reason. Maybe it's because Russell Brand is in it. I have a bit of a thing for him, I must admit. He's got presence. You always know when he's in the room.
Anyway, back to Bedtime Stories...

Skeeter Bronson gets roped into babysitting his nephew and niece for a short time and whilst he has them under his care, his imagination runs wild as he tells them these elaborate bedtime stories. The kids also chime in with their opinions on what should happen in the stories, all in harmless fun right? Maybe not. After the first story, Skeeter begins to see that the ideas the kids have for the stories somehow happen to him in reality, which then leads him on his very own adventure to find his happily-ever-after.

Adam Sander stars as Uncle Skeeter. I going to come clean and say that I'm not a real Adam fan. I don't mind him, but in very small doses. In this flick, some of the lines he comes out with are funny and he has got good timing and vocal delivery that does manage to get the occasional giggle out of me.
Alongside Adam is a string of great actors including Russell Brand, Guy Pearce, Richard Griffiths, Keri Russell, Courtney Cox, Lucy Lawless, Teresa Palmer and Jonathan Pryce.
With a cute story, a sometimes silly script, and a guinea pig whose eyes are too big for his face, Bedtime Stories is a cute and funny little movie that will have kids and the tragically young-at-heart giggling the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment